11 May Colorful Midtown Memphis Engagement with Style and Texture
We have such a FUN midtown Memphis engagement session to share today! We literally spent the entire time with these two laughing our heads off. And I don’t use the word “literally” lightly! I’m pretty sure we spent more time chatting and laughing than actually taking pictures! We started laughing 5 minutes into their session, and didn’t stop till the end. I could hang out with Rachel every day. I just love her! She’s a no-nonsense, independent, outgoing beauty. And Justin is the quiet calm in the storm that she needs. Keep scrolling for proof of all the laughing!
Colorful Midtown Memphis Engagement with Style and Texture
We knew we were going to get along great the minute we met Rachel and Justin. We spent so much time just chatting about non-wedding related things. That’s when we always know the photos will be fabulous! Rachel and Ed actually work for the same company during the day, so Ed was thrilled to have someone other than me to “talk shop” with.
Rachel told me that texture was a very important factor for her photos. She loves art, architecture, and color. So we started in midtown Memphis with a goal of finding as much of it as we could! I can’t decide which part of our adventure turned out to be our favorite…
- The awesomely striped painted wall.
- Rachel’s casually elegant blue dress with POCKETS.
- Rachel and Justin’s confession that they sometimes make up “corg-rap” songs about their favorite corgis.
- The row of newly-covered seats in front of the bar. They must have known we were coming!
- The incredible light on a random car-lined street (I even love the cars in the background! Hello, red sports car!)
- Rachel’s engagement ring. SO beautiful. Great job, Justin!
- Justin’s casual, “it’s fine” demeanor. He really does mean it’s fine!
- Rachel’s handmade quilt from her great-grandmother that she brought just for epic laying down photos!
- The way Rachel decided in the end to just be herself and wear her favorite, yet ancient, Ramones t-shirt. With HEELS!
- The corgis! Effy and Scout were the stars of the show. Definitely the doggies!
- No wait. All the laughter! Yeah, that.
There is just SO MUCH about this session that I love! Rachel and Justin, I love you guys! We had so much fun with you, and we know the wedding is going to be EPIC! Enjoy this little sneak peek of your love story!
*Rachel’s gorgeous makeup by Ashley Parsons*