We have such a treat to share today! This Memphis Southern School of Optometry wedding was definitely one for the books. There was almost too much awesomeness to handle! Almost. I wish I could share absolutely every detail about this beautiful day, but I would quickly run out of space. Grab a seat, and get comfortable. This one is a long one, friends, and with good reason!
Ed and I have SO many favorites from this wedding! Let me break it down for ya:
- Halie and Tyler had TWO ceremonies – an intimate church wedding with close friends and family, then a larger one later in the day with vows they wrote themselves. Each of them was special in their own way. The best part? Even though they already had one ceremony, it didn’t stop the tears in the second one!
- Everything about their day was personal. They got married and had their reception at the Memphis School of Optometry where they met, fell in love, and now work! Tons of details showcased their passions: glasses and “eye” puns hinted at their professions, while blue suede shoes (they both wore them!) and photos on Beale Street showed off their love of Memphis.
- Since there was a break between ceremonies, it gave us lots of time for photos and traveling to different locations! A photographer’s dream!
- Halie’s sister wrote the best toast we’ve ever heard. After some heartfelt words, she rapped her own version of “Eyes Eyes Baby” to Vanilla Ice’s classic tune. It. Was. Amazing!
- Anyone remember the Dirty Dancing lift from their engagement session? Oh yes. It happened again at the reception. Proof photos below!
- The best thing about the day by far: Halie and Tyler. His mom told me that they were not a “crying family,” but it turns out that they just needed the right amount of love to bring out the happy tears. Because they all cried. All day long. And with good reason! These two are not afraid to be corny. They love each other with abandon. They are meant to be, and it brought tears to everyone’s eyes (including ours!) because we all knew it.
Halie and Tyler, thank you so so so so much for choosing us to capture your day! We are so glad we got to see you guys say “Eye Do,” and we wouldn’t have missed it for the world! You two have such a special relationship. You even taught us marriage veterans a thing or two about love! We know you can do anything together, and we can’t wait to see where you go from here. In the meantime, enjoy this
little big sneak peek of your special day!
Be sure to leave a comment for the happy couple! If they get 25 comments or more, they get a free print!
The Creative Team
EVENT VENUE: MEMPHIS SOUTHERN SCHOOL OF OPTOMETRY
BRIDAL GOWN: BALLEW BRIDAL • MAKEUP ARTIST: AMY PHILLIPS • HAIRSTYLIST: AMY PHILLIPS • CAKE ARTIST + CATERING: BLINK SCO • ENTERTAINMENT: DAVID PICKETT • BRIDESMAIDS’ DRESSES: DAVID’S BRIDAL • MEN’S ATTIRE: MEN’S WEARHOUSE • MEMPHIS WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY: AMY HUTCHINSON PHOTOGRAPHY