05 Jan Hello 2016 | Random Thoughts on a New Year
I’ll be the first to admit that I’m having a slow start to the New Year. While I’m eager to see what 2016 brings, I’m just not quite ready to let go of 2015. Which is surprising, actually. 2015 was a little overwhelming, and I thought I’d be ready to jump into a new year. Instead, I’m feeling a little under the weather and still haven’t written down my 2016 goals. Shame, shame. Instead, I find myself just wanting to rest and enjoy the quiet for a bit longer.
We didn’t have a whole lot of quiet in 2015, so that’s a priority for 2016. I love our life, and love how busy we are, but don’t always love how often we’re busy. I want to balance the busy with quiet.
Some other things I would love for 2016:
- chaos control. I suck at this.
- more “no,” less “yes.”
- less STUFF. It’s time to purge.
- more inspiration, less desperation.
- less weight. on my shoulders. on my body.
Some new things you can expect from me this year on the blog:
- More personal posts. My favorite thing about my job is getting to know my clients, so it’s only fair you get to know me!
- More lifestyle posts. Ed and I love marriage and family, and we think we’re pretty good at it. We want to share more from our experiences.
- More wedding tips. These seem to be popular!
- More behind the scenes. We want to give you a little peek into what weddings look like for us.
Writing down thoughts and goals is the easy part. The hard part is making a plan for success. Figuring out how to make these things happen. I didn’t do that last year. I thought writing down goals and having them stare at me would be enough. I was wrong. This year I’m figuring things out.
As soon as I get over this cold.